Pages

December 08, 2016

Sam Yang Noodle Challenge

Here is one of true facts about me: I can't eat spicy food and hot food.

Since I was a kid, my mom said I already dislike chili.

I used to feel weird about this because my whole family can tolerate spicy food and they love it while me, well I can only tolerate 0.01% of spiciness. Why 0.01%? Because I can eat food with pepper and chili in super small quantity (You know, like when you dip your french fries in the chili sauce for 2 times only, then eat the rest of the french fries plainly).

My mom used to say without chili the food wont taste good because it will be tasteless, and I will be staring at her and saying "Apparently, my tongue can't tolerate chili like you, Mom. And plain food taste better for me than with chili".

My first younger brother also used to complained about my way of eating when it involves chili, especially when after eating food with chili, I will immediately feel those burning sensation in my mouth and I can feel the swollen feeling on my lips plus water will be my only source of help, and he will say "You are overrated. This is nothing, you know. It's just small quantity and your reaction is like you are dying" which used to annoyed me.

And my friends used to teased me about this as well, because based on my family gene (Chinese+Batak) I should love to eat chili, and I will be standing there feeling funny because they don't know the experience of eating chili from my perspective. haha. But it's okay, people are free to tell their opinion and I am free to decide what I like and dislike.

So today, I tried to challenge myself to eat this Sam Yang Noodle. Why I challenge myself? That's because I got this message from both of brothers telling me their review about this noodles. My first younger brother said it was a little spicy for him and it was nothing for him and he suggest me to try, whereby my youngest brother told me it was super spicy and super nice and super must try.

So here is my short review experience for eating this korean noodle:
1. My first and second spoon of this noodle is still bearable and I can feel the nice taste of the spices.
2. The third and the fourth one, I am starting to have flu and a little cough because my throat is attacked by this spiciness
3. The next one, I am starting to drink my Teh Tarik and have runny nose and I can feel excessive water coming out from my eyes
4. The next next one, well I don't need to explain anymore.

Overall, I do finish the noodles, although I can't say it was nice to be attacked by chili, but this Sam Yang Noodle is good to try and I think eating it during cold weather is great. The ultimate effect after eating spicy food level infinity is calm and tired for my whole being.

I guess my relationship with spicy food will always end up saying goodbye as soon as we meet. This will not change ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment