Pages

August 09, 2017

Singapore Trip (But Let's Talk About KL A Little)

After more than 15 years of not stepping this super develop country called Singapore, I had the chance to visit it end of July 2017.  It is a super short year trip that I planned with my friend (Read: Debbie).

So basically we visited KL Malaysia first before heading to Singapore. I was actually not that excited going back to KL, because it had become my second home since long long time ago and visiting KL means like going back home for me. However, it is definitely different when you visit your home with your friend who doesn't really love KL. 

I made plans to visit places in KL for 2 1/2 days. Gotta say that not much places to visit since the time was quite limited. However, I did discover new things like the open air meadow near Bangkok Bank, comet falling in the evening, juice shop everywhere (like LITERALLY EVERYWHERE), closed food shops, eating subway (the last time I ate was like two to three years ago, so I kinda forget the taste), extended LRT Stations, taking bus to the new airport (I used to do take bus when I was still studying in KL, but since I had stopped taking bus to the airport for quite some time to the new airport, it is kinda new to me), eating Nasi Lemak and Chapatti (with super small portion, this is totally the first time) near Dang Wangi. 

And I discover as well that my tummy can be filled very easily to ease the hunger by drinking lots of water (I know this is probably not important, but it's totally true because I really just discovered this) I guess, the method and habit of drinking milk twice a day (mom's suggestion) really ease my hunger. However, it increases my bathroom needs.

Next is about Singapore. After visiting KL, we visited Singapore and I was pretty excited because for me it's like entering another territory without really knowing the environment. Of course, I did my researched and planned a few places to go which totally a must, however the details of trying to reach the goal (read: places) that being set in this country, totally gave me some kind of excitement (and brought out my adventurous side).

The moment we landed in Spore, we immediately went to get the Singapore map. Then we went to Changi MRT Station to get this Singapore Tourist Passed to cater out transportation needs. It was a little unexpected for the price, but nevertheless, we were ready for the unexpected. So after getting the pass, we went to our hotel. It was 19 minutes away from Changi Airport which was pretty convenient.

Next was the distance between the MRT station and our hotel. The moment we arrived at our designated MRT station, I started paying attention to my surrounding (so does Debbie) and we walked from the MRT station to the hotel which I calculated around 0.60 km (consider near for walking distance). However, for first timer like us, we tried to discover how the way to reach the hotel. I remembered the map I saw when I was booking the hotel, so I tried to pin point the location also opened my itinerary notes to get a sense of understanding of the area through the highlights that I had stated.

With Debbie help (her eyes) we made it to the hotel. And I was actually impressed with the hotel because it was so nice and comfortable. For a budget standard hotel, it was beyond expectation. Great.

We rested for quite sometime, then headed out for a late lunch near the mamak shop located very near to the hotel. Debbie ordered Mutton Briyani Rice and I ordered Mee Goreng. Perhaps because of our hunger, those food were delicious. But I knew it wasn't just because of the hunger, it was because of the way it cooked. I had tried Malaysia Mamak Shop Mee Goreng and could totally give a low points for their taste. However, the Singapore's mee goreng was exquisite and totally suitable for my tongue. Their Mutton Briyani Rice was also good.

After the late brunch, we went to Chinatown by bus and it was actually quite fun to see the city. The buildings and housing areas are proper, they are properly build and placed in the right place. Combined with the pedestrian, trees and everything. The infrastructure of the city is great. And I totally love the cleanliness. (I am quite a hygiene freak).

As we arrived in Chinatown, we were immediately mesmerized by this passport cover and luggage tag. I didn't even plan on buying them when I saw them, but I just couldn't think of a reason to not buy them (blame anime and cartoon). So we bought them. Which later on got me into thinking, I actually should buy a few for my brothers and mother. But, I knew they didn't care much about passport cover. But I guess the next time I visited Singapore Chinatown, I will buy for them (noted).
Then, we enjoyed our dessert there. Yummy. Love the corn and milk ice combination. 

After spending quite some time in Chinatown, it was 18.00 pm, and we decided to go to Gardens By The Bay. We took MRT from Chinatown and stopped at Bayfront MRT station only to find out that we will be walking more than the normal walking we did. The Bayfront MRT station has this interconnecting tunnel that connect the MRT to Marina Bay and Gardens By The Bay. We reach Gardens By The Bay when it was quite dark and it was just the nice timing to see the colors of the trees (with wires) changing since there was a performance going on. We took a few pictures and explored Gardens By The Bay. I can totally count the steps we took. It was almost 20.000 steps (which is around 12 to 13 km).

And it's totally worth it to see those lights, because they were pretty and somewhat magical in my eyes.

After that, we went back and had a good night rest.

Fast forward to USS. 

The reason of coming to Singapore was to visit USS. Because how could you not visit this place? This is a place where imaginations really comes to life. We arrived in USS around 10.00 am. I had the tickets and we queued for some time. After that we enjoyed to our heart content the games. From all the places, Jurrasic World and Far Far Away Land were amazing. I mean, they were totally made for you to really feel you were in that world. I got that feeling when I entered these two places. For the game, I personally like The Transformer 3D game. It was amazing. I had tried once in Trans Studio Bandung, but it couldn't beat the one in USS. 

Though it rained a little, it was still enjoyable. And moreover, we visited USS on Debbie'd birthday which is totally a great birthday present ever and I think I will remember it always.



No comments:

Post a Comment